Omani nationals can obtain visa on arrival for a stay of 90 days at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. For other nationalities residing in the Sultanate of Oman, kindly refer to visa requirement by country at http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/visa/visa-requirement-by-country.html
Applicants may apply for a visa to enter Malaysia at the Embassy of Malaysia, Muscat. The visa processing time is three (3) working days. Kindly be informed that each application must be supported with the following documents:
|1.||Original passport (valid at least 6 months from travel date)|
|2.||Two (2) visa application Form Imm.47 (can be obtained at the Embassy)
|3.||Two (2) copies of passport’s page which contains bearer’s personal data and photo|
|4.||Two (2) copies of Oman visa page|
|5.||Two (2) copies of Oman Resident card|
|6.||Two (2) recent coloured passport size photos (white background)|
|7.||Two (2) copies of bank statement or salary pay slip (Cash in hand is unacceptable as evidence)|
|8.||Two (2) copies of return flight ticket|
|9.||Two (2) copies of hotel reservation/booking|
|10.||Additional supporting document:
*Effective 1 August 2017, online visa application via www.windowmalaysia.my is available for citizens from ten (10) countries: China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Serbia and Montenegro.
Visa fees charged are as follows:
|Country||Single-entry visa (OMR)||Transit entry visa (OMR)||Multiple-entry visa (OMR)|
- I am planning to visit Malaysia as a tourist. How do I apply for a visa? If you are an Omani or GCC citizen planning to visit Malaysia, you may get your Visa on Arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. For other nationalities, you may wish to refer to the link below from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia’s official website for visa requirement by country of origin: http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main-services/visa/visa-requirement-by-country
- I am currently residing/working in Oman. I have checked the link above and found that visitors from my country require a visa to visit Malaysia. How do I apply for the visa?
You may visit the Embassy of Malaysia, Muscat, (consular hours are from 9am to 1pm) and fill an application form attaching the following documents:
- Two (2) passport sized photographs (white background);
- Original passport and two copies;
- Residence Card and two copies;
- No objection letter from company/sponsor;
- Two copies of latest three-month bank statement (withendorsement from the bank); and
- Two copies of return ticket
The Malaysian Government issues Three (3) types of visas to foreign nationals:
- Single Entry Visa This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for a social visit. It is normally valid for a single entry and for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue.
- Multiple Entry Visa This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for business or government-to-government matters. It is normally valid for a period within three (3) months to twelve (12) months from the date of issue.Citizens of India and the People's Republic of China who wish to enter Malaysia for the purpose of a Social Visit are eligible to apply for the Multiple Entry Visa.The validity of the Multiple Entry Visa is one (1) year. Each entry is for 30 days only and the extension of stay is not allowed. Conditions for the Multiple Entry Visa are:
- The applicant must show proof of sufficient funds for staying in Malaysia
- The applicant must possess a valid and confirmed return ticket
- Tour groups are not eligible to apply for Multiple Entry Visa.
- The Multiple Entry Visa costs RM100.00 for Indian Citizens and RM30.00 for citizens of the People's Republic of China
- Transit Visa This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to other countries. Foreign nationals on transit without leaving the airport premises and who continue their journey to the next destination with the same flight do not require a transit visa
- Applicants residing outside India (Expatriate) must have a flight ticket to Malaysia and must have a return flight ticket from Malaysia to India or applied country to enter Malaysia and exit Malaysia via the following Entry / Exit points:
- eNTRI printout
- Boarding pass
- Sufficient funds (Cash/ Debit or Credit Cards).
- Confirmed returned flight tickets.
- Proof of accommodation.