The benefits of medical care in Malaysia at a glance
- The price is very affordable. Care costs little in Malaysia, especially when your health insurance reimburses treatments in full or partly.
- Malaysia has fabulous hotels and resorts, near many tourist highlights. It is the perfect place to unwind and recuperate after treatment. The tropical climate often speeds up the recovery period.
- In Malaysia, health care providers speak fluent English. So you do not have to worry about a possible lack of communication.
- You can travel relatively cheap to Malaysia. Tickets are often very affordable and you fly with luxury airlines.
- There is little hassle to undergo medical treatment in the country. Most visitors/patients can stay in Malaysia for 90 days without the need for a visa.
- Malaysia has almost no queues, unlike many Western countries. Booking your medical procedure is like booking a trip. You are treated when it suits you best.
- In addition to complicated treatments Malaysia also is an excellent place for more standard treatments, such as putting in crowns, teeth whitening, laser treatment of the eyes (lasik) and the removal of warts and moles.
- Medical Tourism in Malaysia is very popular. Every year hundreds of thousands of patients travel to the country to get treated. Doctors are highly trained and their record can be viewed in advance. The quality level of care is very high. Malaysia was recently voted 3rd best country in the world for medical care. In 2012, more than 650,000 travelers visited the country for medical treatment.
Which treatment is best for you?
The best treatment is the one where you are completely healed after surgery and where you fully function after a swift recovery. For that reason, you’ll only go to qualified caregivers at reputable institutions. Stay away from the malpractices; because you’ve got those in Southeast Asia too. Do not take unnecessary risks with your health. Malaysian healthcare advised by MHTC are all tested and provide high-quality care.
During the preliminary investigation, you determine what treatment is needed exactly. After receiving advice regarding the treatment, consult your family doctor or consider getting a 2nd opinion. Then search for treatment centers in your area and see if you can get the treatment there. It is important to determine how soon you can be treated, how much the treatment will cost and whether you can claim the costs afterward.
How to find the best hospital
- Numbers of treatments performed
- Experiences of patients
- Facilities and services
- Quantity of specialists and other health care personnel
- Location & recovery options